The paepcke suite
This is the premier hotel suite in Aspen, and the hotel’s biggest. Walter Paepcke, visionary industrialist, imagined a center of mind, body, and spirit high in the Colorado Rockies. It was he and his wife Elizabeth who founded the Aspen Institute, Aspen Skiing Company and the Aspen Music Festival and School. If anything embodies that ideal, it is this grand 2,500 square foot one-bedroom space. A sweeping private balcony takes in the base of Aspen Mountain, the Silver Queen Gondola, and Ajax Tavern’s “see and be” scene. And the suite can be expanded to include two more bedrooms. A central fireplace anchors an expansive living room which includes an elegant work station, a dining table seating six, and an adjacent powder room. And then there’s the art and design. To begin to paint the picture: From the Plein Air Series, two pieces by John Riepenhoff. Ajiro Vineyard wall covering by Maya Romanoff. Frank Game Table by Mattaliano – a custom-designed game table with crystal chess and backgammon pieces. Mark Albrecht bar stools. Mystere Coffee Table by Tristan Auer. Gem Table by Chai Ming Studios. Welcome to basecamp for the Aspen Idea.
Take a virtual tour of our Paepcke Suite, the entry and bar, living room, master bedroom and terrace.
Take a Virtual Tour of The Little Nell
comfort in the details:
- This room type features a king bed with a Bryte Balance mattress, allowing you to customize your sleep experience with features like setting your firmness, selecting a relaxation experience and more.
- Fully-stocked refreshment bar w/ complimentary non-alcoholic beverages and snacks refreshed daily
- 55-in. flat screen LED HDTV in the living room, 48-in. flat screen LED HDTV in the master bedroom + Video On Demand
- Tablet with Bluetooth Speaker
- Personal computer system
- High-speed Wireless Internet
- Two gas log fireplaces
- Sumptuous wool carpeting
- Power Room
- Fili D’oro down comforters and white goose-down pillows
- Steam shower and Jacuzzi® soaking tub
- Dual Caesar stone vanities
- Crème de Marfil heated marble flooring and walls
- All-natural “First Tracks” June Jacobs spa amenities