Aspen’s Roaring Fork Valley harbors the finest trout fishing in Colorado, attracting "fly fishing-anados" and aspiring anglers from around the world.
Whether you are a novice or expert fly fisherman or woman, join The Little Nell’s team of expert fishing guides for a fully customized, high-end fishing trip along the Roaring Fork and Frying Pan rivers. We also provide exclusive access to private Gold Medal waters throughout the Valley.
Visit The Little Nell Adventure Shop in the rear of the hotel to plan your trip.
1) select your trip.
2) determine the duration of your trip.
3) customize your food and wine pairings.
- Float – Float and fish for trophy trout from white water fishing rafts.
- Walk & Wade – Wade into the river or walk beside beaver ponds to fish for trout.
- Cycle Fishing - Ride your bike along the Rio Grande Trail to the river where your fishing gear awaits you. Enjoy some of Aspen’s best fishing not easily accessed by foot or by car.
- Jeep Fishing – A private off-road Jeep Rubicon ride up Aspen Mountain to a secluded and gorgeous high alpine pond.
- Blast & Cast – For the avid sportsman. Shoot shotguns at clay targets, guided by a former Olympic shooting coach. Enjoy a gourmet picnic lunch with wine pairings, before fishing the Gold Medal waters of the Frying Pan River.
- Catch & Cook – Catch and have your trophy fish cooked for you at T Lazy 7 Ranch. Recommended for families, groups and those who love to dine on trout!
- Walk & Wade on the Frying Pan River – Fish the Frying Pan River’s Gold Medal Waters and enjoy a stream side lunch.
- Horseback Fly Fishing - A premier mountain adventure in the Maroon Bells Wilderness. Horseback ride to the river, dismount, fish and enjoy a gourmet picnic lunch with wine pairing amid spectacular scenery.
- The Whiskey Fly Experience - Rafting down the Roaring Fork River guided by professional fly fishing guide. After rafting the waves and casting flies, arrive at the doorstep of Woody Creek Distillers in nearby Basalt. The new distillery offers tastings of its vodka and other hand-crafted products. Later in the evening, indulge in a Whiskey Pairing Dinner at our new restaurant, element 47, featuring courses like whiskey bread pudding. For those who do not wish to drink, or for those under 21, the trip may alternately include a trip to Rock Bottom Ranch – a working ranch located on the banks of the Roaring Fork River.
- Helicopter Trips - The ultimate Aspen fly fishing experience. Take a magnificent scenic helicopter flight over the Colorado Rockies to a private ranch, where you will fish for beautiful trophy trout in a dream setting not seen by many who visit Aspen.
- Ashcroft – Fish this scenic ghost town’s hidden beaver ponds full of rainbow, brook and cutthroat trout.
- T-Lazy 7 - Catch a variety of trout in the stocked ponds of Aspen’s oldest working ranch, located in the pristine Maroon Creek Valley.
- Adventure Specialists guide each river trip, providing instruction on casting technique, how to read the stream to find fish, and how to present your fly to catch a big one!
- Your adventure specialist will provide waders, boots, rod and reel and everything necessary to fully enjoy a day on the river.
- The Little Nell has partnered with the celebrated Hardy of England brand to outfit guests with all fly fishing equipment needs. Rent or purchase additional gear or clothing at The Little Nell Adventure Shop in the rear of the hotel.
WINING AND DINING
- Fully customized food and beverage options are available.
- In general, 3-hour trips include a snack from our Pastry Shop and water.
- Our 4-5 hour trips typically include a boxed lunch with water.
- Our 8 -hour/ full day trips include a gourmet, stream-side picnic lunch with wine pairing.
- All food is prepared by our chefs at element 47.
Please contact The Little Nell Adventure Shop at 970-920-6315 to book your customized fly fishing experience.